Importing is much easier and profitable than you could imagine.
Not only the huge savings (sometimes up to 50%) but by bringing your own slabs you start building your own inventory and you will keep your customers in house. So the main benefits are:
- Much more profit
- Better quality materials
- Color consistance
- Much less remnants
- Keep customers in house
- Better turnaround time on your projects – and much more!
If you make 4 or more kitchens per week it makes a lot of sense to import already.
You can mix and match colors to create your own bundle. You can start with as few as two bundles and we handle everything else. Customs, duties, taxes, etc. You just pick stone and it shows up at your door in about 45 days.
Check how easy it is to import and to make profit for your business. Check it out the 05 steps to import natural stones from Brazil
1 – Registter on our website – access our live inventory
Once you register on our site, you will be able to see closeup pictures, prices, sizes, weight and comments on every material. Brothers in Granite produces 100% of the materials you will see online.
2 – Choose from 02 to 07 bundles
Choose any bundle you want by adding them to the cart. You can mix and match colors as you like. 07 bundles is the average weight limit
Once you select the bundles for your order, click on the shopping cart located on the top right corner of the website. In case you want to review the order or even write any comments you have before sending the order, click in the red icon “View Cart”.
3 – Receive Proforma, Shipping Quote, pictures and Inspection for approval
Please notice that once you submit an order, it does not mean you are fully commited to buy that particular order. Once the order is submited we understand that it is an order proposal, and our sales department will then contact you to finilize all details, send Pro Forma, etc.
4 – Shipping your materials
After your approval, we will send you a shipping quote. Don´t woorry, we take care of all paper work and delivery to your door.
The usual transit time from our local port in Vitoria, Brazil to the main ports in USA are:
Southeast Coast USA = from 20 to 30 days
Northeast Coast USA / Canada = from 25 to 35 days
Southwest Coast USA = 30 to 40 days
Northwest Coast USA / Canada = 40 to 60 days
5 – Unload the truck or container
Here you will find some videos showing how to unload containers of granite slabs.
You should always first keep in mind that this is a very dangerous operation and you should be sure of how to handle it properly before you bring your containers.
Option 1: Open Top container using a regular crane. You can always rent a crane locally for around $400 (THIS IS THE MOST COMMON WAY TO UNLOAD):
Option 2: Open Top container using an overhead crane:
Option 3: Closed top container without an unloading dock available (you will need a heavy forklift which can lift the entire bundle at once):
Option 4: Closed top container with an unloading dock available (you will need a regular forklift, not too heavy, and you can simply slide the entire bundle out):
Option 5: Closed top container without an unloading dock available, however with a pre-made iron structure (you will slide the entire bundle out at the iron structure, then pick it you from there):
– All our wood bundles have a piece of wood underneath it, called skies. This is made so you can slide the bundle out of the container, one at a time.
– DO NOT ever brake the wood bundle and try to unload a slab at a time. It is very dangerous! You should always take the entire bundle out!
– You should always take out first the bundle on the side, then use caution to take out the middle bundle
– You should use a long arm forklift to avoid the middle bundle from falling to the side while you are sliding it out. Then you should take out the bundle on the side for last.
– When you are taking out the bundle on the side, you can tie it with straps to the side of the container (as shown on this video http://youtu.be/InxxjoCcxzI) to avoid it falling to the side when you are sliding it out.
– Keep in mind that no wood will hold a bundle of stone with over 3000kg if it falls to the side! So you need to avoid the risk of falling to the side, by taking one at a time always starting with the bundle on the side, then on the middle, then on the side again, like explained above.
– Our wood bundles are specially reinforced with an iron bar at the bottom, so it will give you an extra security while unloading. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO9t7HUOq6I
Flatbed Truck Delivery Option:
In case you are buying from us and want to have the slabs delivered on a flatbed truck instead of in containers, here’s the two options of how to unload:
Option 6: Slab by slab unload with a light forklift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYQm9WCPdA
Option 7: Unload a bundle at a time with a heavy duty forklift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAD77IQ5dzM
In 45 days you can have much more profit, better quality materials, color consistance, much less remnants and keep customers in house!
If you still have more questions, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to assist you!